One Week Down
Saturday, November 20, 2010 @ 5:47 PM | 0 comment(s)

Hello dear bloggers! How was your week? I hope yours was good. Mine was tiring. First week of the new semester, what do you expect? I blogged last Thursday, though that one was a mess (what’s even new?). I will try to be less messy with this one. At least I even thought of trying!

Everyone had been writing and sharing about their first week... so I’ll try to do the same. Ha! My mind’s quite blank actually. But no matter, don’t care. So yeah, I will talk about my first week this semester.

I started my week with a stifle yawn and a hesitant-to-get-up-body. Anyway, school was good. I thought we’d be dismissed earlier, because that was what happened last semester. But I was wrong, okay? We were dismissed early by the professors, but we still stayed the whole day. To productively use our time, we used the library’s HP (not Harry Potter) computers. Take note: we were the very first ones who used them (for the second semester). Such good girls we are. The internet use was pretty much senseless. It wasn’t very satisfying because Facebook and Twitter were blocked, so all I did was edit my entries and post random hilarious stuff and anything-Harry Potter on Tumblr. To top it all, the audio of the unit that I used was not working. How lucky can I be?

Tuesday was amazing! No classes (we always think days without classes are amazing). I was very happy that day, because I watched this portion in Eat Bulaga! Juan for All, All for Juan (yes, I’m still such a jolog). Jose and Wally were hilarious, and I was actually shedding tears because of their undeniably funny antics. After that, I washed our clothes. Then I cleaned. Then I slept. Life that day was better – and more fruitful – than the last day.

Wednesday, we had Human Behavior in Organizations – and that was all. We spent three hours in school. Fortunately, we didn’t have NSTP; unfortunately, our professor was absent because I learned his father died. I’m not really sure. That was what I heard them say. If that’s the case then, condolences Sir Bronia. God bless you.

Thursday was an exhausting day. We had Team Sports and Filipino 2. Guess what? We’re playing table tennis in PE again! But Prof Filcon said it would be more interesting this time – we’d be doing doubles. The type where you’d be playing with a partner and you’d take turns in hitting (I don’t know the right term) the ball. It was hard and confusing at first, but Diane (my constant partner in everything) and I got the tactic easily. It was funny, and we were all laughing because of our mistakes. We won by five points, I think. First win ever in my college record. I suck at sports, as you can see.

The last school day of the week was annoying. Why? I could give so many reasons, but I’d stick with the relevant ones. First, you remember how I liked my schedule so much because we won’t be getting up very early anymore? Scratch that. We are back to the usual schedule:


Well, welcome back to hell. Second, we went to school early, and then we just spent thirty minutes with a professor in the morning. Yes, half hour only! Apparently, all the professors were to have a seminar with another professor from UP Diliman, so half of our day was spent uselessly. We were like dead people walking; we tried to kill time by walking and dragging ourselves slowly and heavily like zombies. The only thing that made my nerves stir from their dullness was the sale in National Book Store. They were selling small-damaged, old and excess supply books in a very, very low price. The Chronicles of Narnia was being sold for just twenty bucks per book! Yeah, real. I was supposed to buy it, but I was confused with the true “numbering” of the series. I thought The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was the first? Then why was The Magician’s Nephew the first book? That was what I saw. Then Prince Caspian was like the 4th (not sure), but was the second movie, wasn’t it? Did I get them wrong?

Moving on, we had Communication Arts 2 in the afternoon. Our new professor was a sweetie... and she was requiring us to speak in English because she couldn’t understand our language. Perks of hers! She used the word “makulit” though she didn’t know what it meant. She said that we’d be focusing more in speaking this semester, instead of writing, which was okay with me. Of course, I still prefer writing, but we all need to learn new things in order to grow, right? So yeah, I’d try to “polish” my tongue and try not to get it all tied.

We still have seventeen more weeks to go, seventeen more weeks to burn eyebrows, seventeen more weeks to carry on.

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409