The Greatness of God
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 @ 12:32 PM | 2 comment(s)

Even if you're living under a rock, you would feel and know what has been happening in our world today. Yes, I am talking about the disasters that the countries all over the world are experiencing, not only last week, but also for the past years. People may ask why these unfortunate events happen. One may say that these disasters happen because God wants us to learn from our mistakes, that He's making these events because we haven't been good sons and daughters to Him. Others may say that we're taking everything that the God has been giving us for granted, that maybe He's taking everything back, for we don't use them for good purposes. We haven't been doing what He asks us to do -- to take care of what He had given us, to live a life with purpose, to just be the sons and daughters that He wants us to be.

People may blame one another. People may even blame God. People may lose faith and trust in Him. They may hate Him for taking the lives of the people they love, for taking all the things that they had worked for for so many years. But seriously, who should carry all the responsibility for all of these? Try to stand infront of a mirror, then point your finger forward. I guess now you know who.

Mind you, I am not the devoted type of a Catholic. I don't hear masses every Sunday. I don't visit the church every week. I haven't read or even touched the Holy Bible. I don't know the prayers to the rosary. I don't even know how to use the rosary. Mind you again, I am not anti-Christ. I love God. I love Jesus Christ. I love Mama Mary. I am just not into churches and masses and all the paganism. I support the RH Bill, to top it all. But is not visiting the church every Sunday makes me evil, makes me forget about the greatness that the Lord gives? No, I don't think so. I may not be the all-good daughter of God, I may not know all the songs devoted to Him, I may have the most number of absences in the church's attendance record, but I know God. I am aware of what He can do, which I reckon is everything.
I’m in a band. I don’t go to church every Sunday. I love punk rock music. Sometimes I use swear words a lot. I respect and admire gay men and women. I’m obsessed with horror films. I know what shame feels like. And guess what old man? Jesus is still my Savior.
-- Hayley Williams, Paramore
I do pray. I pray a lot. I pray for my family, for my friends, for other people. Just last 2009, I lost my grandmother and my aunt, which for my mother is her mother and sister, which for my cousins are their grandmother and mother. I also blamed God. I also asked Him why He took them. I also was mad at Him for not giving them more time. I was sad for my cousins for losing their mother. I was sad for my other cousins and my brother for losing our grandmother. It was hard for me to accept everything, to believe that they're gone. The last time someone died from our big family was when I was in grade school. So that time it still felt so new to me. But I prayed, and I found peace. I understood. He talked to me, not verbally, but I think you know what I'm saying. I realized that He took them for a reason. He made me feel that I should not be too sad for they are with Him. And I was sure that He'll take good care of our Lola Amay and Tita Cy.

Through praying, my faith and trust in the Lord grew stronger. Through praying, I learned to face my fears and find solutions to my problems. Through praying, I became happy. Through praying, I found peace and tranquility. Through praying, I found God.

And the things that are happening now, how small or big they are, can be faced. How? Through trust and faith in Him, and yes, through praying. I know, praying seems technically useless -- I asked that once, too. But if you can help people personally, if you know you have the "resources" to help them, then go ahead. You can. But if you think you don't have the capabilities to lend a hand, you can always pray. It's free. It only requires time and devotion. Praying makes wonders, and faith makes possibilities that are beyond what you can imagine.

They say that everything happens for a reason, and I don't know the reasons behind all of them. In fact, nobody ever knows what they are. Only the Great God knows why these things happen. And the only thing that we can do is to be ready for anything and to have trust and faith in Him. We should not be afraid of what the future might bring, because God is already there. He has plans for us, and we should trust and anticipate these plans. We should not be afraid, for He is the Great God.

(c) Photos: Tumblr.com

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409