This Christmas
Sunday, December 25, 2011 @ 4:53 PM | 0 comment(s)

25 December 2011, 12:10 – 1:17 am


I have decided to write this moment, this moment when Justin Bieber’s Mistletoe was followed by Taylor Swift’s Last Christmas, because it’s officially Christmas time. Because I find a lot of things funny. It’s Christmas and we don’t have the traditional deep-fried chicken. It’s Christmas and Lola is sleeping in her room. It’s Christmas and this house is only given life by white lights and classic Christmas songs revived by mainstream artists with mainstream beats. But things are still good. Things are always good when it’s Christmas, aren’t they?


The funniest and sweetest thing happened this eventful day. My 9-year-old niece, Ollen (or Orange, as what she prefers), gave me these Hallmark-wrapped presents. She’s the sweetest thing next to a Sansrival cake. She gave me this cute figurine of a mouse couple (which she said was bought for 10 bucks – which doesn’t really matter) and another box full of – guess what? – no, not figurines, but of chocolate fudges and hygiene kit. It is so weird. The fudges I get, but the hygiene kit? No. The kit, by the way, is composed of a small bottle of milk lotion, cologne, baby powder and a pink toothbrush. Good thing there isn’t any deodorant! It is seriously surprising – and, had it been given by a friend, would have been quite an insult. But it is still the sweetest act. I haven’t any idea how she thought of those things. Maybe she remembered the time when I asked her for a squeeze of a lotion when we went out once. Oh, this kid is cute. She’s thoughtful. And she hasn’t changed since. She’s nine – and she’s still as cute and sweet as when she was four.

I hope she won’t ever change her sunny personality, because I can’t ever imagine my little Ollen become a skeptic, unpredictable, troubled adolescent with a bad posture and horrible zits like her aunt, not to mention an aunt who haven’t any Santa Claus blood running through her veins (the one writing this today). What, I have no idea what to give her! And I’m the brokest of all brokes in Christmas, ironically the season to have some moolah. But I took her out. We went to SM Naga. I treated her ice cream. I treated her coke float and waffle. I took her to World of Fun and bought her tokens (because she wanted to get the bangles which were worth 12 points). I hope that’s already considered as an indirect Christmas gift. I feel so guilty right now. Seriously.


Anyway, I’m presently in love with another song by Justin Bieber (Oh, Bieber, how much you’ve grown! I want to rip your clothes off). I’m so obsessed with this song that I want it to be a for-all-seasons music. I want to remove the “it’s Christmas time” line so I could still loudly and repeatedly play it in summer and during the lonely and strenuous days of school.

This is the time of year we can / Give it, give it, give it all / One through ten on your list you can get it / Get it, get it, get it now / Make your wish tonight / When you open your eyes / When the lights go bright girl / I’ll be right there

Baby you deserve everything you want / It’s your night, ohhh / Wanna put my ear to your chest girl / Baby I hear melodies when your heart beats / Baby it sings to me like / Fa la la la la, Fa la la la la / Baby I hear melodies when your heart beats / Baby it sings to me like (fa la la la la) / Know that it’s Christmas time

You got on my favourite dress / You’re looking, looking, looking, good / Snow falling on your hair, and I don’t, I don’t / Wanna get it off / Even the stars in the sky can’t outshine your eyes / Wanna be your biggest gift

I’ll deck your heart with bells of holly / Fa la la, fa la la / Baby cuz you’re the reason to be jolly / Fa la la, fa la la

© Falala, Justin Bieber featuring Boyz II Men


← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409