Photo Blog: ILA Week
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 @ 1:15 PM | 0 comment(s)

The Institute of Liberal Arts had its first ILA Week last November 26-29, 2012, with the theme, “ILA: Elevated”. The theme signifies how much ILA had improved both as an academic institution and as a society. It shows how the students had elevated in the past few months.


The highlight of this four-day event was the “ILA: Elevated, the Concert”. It showcased the talents the students have. The concert was in a form of friendly competition among the different year levels. (The fourth year students won.)


Pigs flew… and I sang. I remember the last time I sang in front of real people was during our Buwan ng Wika celebration in Treston International College two years ago (and as usual, I was an epic failure). And the next was this. I sang AJ Rafael’s “Without You” with Khaye Villar. It felt weird. My knees were shaking and so were my lips. I would’ve wanted to sing with my eyes closed for some dramatic effect but I didn’t (the only closed eyes I did was my blinking) because it looked cheesy, and hello, we were just a special number squeezed in between real contestants, so I guessed there was no need for overly majestic singing skills (which I don’t have). Anyway, Khaye was amazing and I was… wonk-wonk.


ILA Awesomes: (from left to right) Shenna Geronimo, Khaye, Myself, Mary Ann Bruan, Kristian Micah Reyes and Marijo Manansala.


As you can see, I can rock a denim vest, a suave mustache and a not-sure-if-this-was-a-cow-or-not headgear. And I’m hot – Khaye said so, assuming that the arrow was pointed at me. (The ILA Week also had a photo booth.)


Hello, Institute of Liberal Arts! (And nope, that wasn’t everyone in our Society. We apparently have a knack for absenteeism.) Hello, Mr. Someone’s head! (All photos are from ©.)

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409