Twenty One and Five
Saturday, January 19, 2013 @ 12:39 PM | 0 comment(s)

It’s a wonder how one can change or acquire different values, attitudes and thoughts in twenty one days – it’s like a shorter, pressured, flop version of Big Brother and/or Survivor. It’s only been three weeks and I’m already writing about my January. Do not look at this as one of my nutshells, though; I will still allot a separate post and time for that (can’t spoil the first nutshell, can I?).

It’s only been three weeks and I’m already half-transitioning into this overly matured version of myself, complete with the responsibility instincts and half-optimistic, half-pessimistic premonitions I really shouldn’t have. My brain is actually crying right now, without the tears, of course (that’d cause a lot of trouble in my whole system). I’m so tired. Even this blogging is a forceful conscience knock from whatever’s inside me. I can’t think properly. My awful clumsiness has gotten into a full-on monstrous one. Whatever I’m holding either falls to the floor or breaks into pieces. Sometimes I even think that maybe I’m a superhuman or something with abnormal super strength that I can ruin something just by touching, but shoot, that’s never the case.

I feel hopeless to the point that even reading John Green can’t elevate this wretchedness. I’m currently reading Zombicorns (which is taking me forever for reasons nobody can fathom), and I should, like, laugh or something because the whole idea of being zombie-d by eating a particular breed of corn is so odd that it’s hilariously pathetic already. But, tada, I can’t seem to comprehend zombie jokes. What a great way to start my year. Yay… neh.

I have a lot of things to say but I’m not in my Awesome Uproarious Blogger state right now… so what to do when grammar and writing skills seem to have ran away from you? Use bullets/numberings (from This is Stupid 101 Manual).


One: I’m so stressed. I’ve always believed that I’m this light, free spirited person who can keep the light, free spirited self when under pressure… NOT. We’re doing this crazy difficult and impossible morning show in school, and I would’ve been excited about it had I know enough about production. Problem is, I HAVEN’T LEARNED ANYTHING TECHNICAL YET – and that’s saying something. I do advanced reading most of the time, but screw theories and terms: I need hands on exercises, experience, actual observations and proper applications in my computer. I don’t know what to do, and I’m so keen on pleasing our professor because her elusive grading system is putting my scholarship grant in danger.

Two: I want to fully trust (not thrust), but it seems to be always broken. This is the same problem I stated once in Spearing Head: a tainted confidence that everyone can properly deliver on time. I’m not sure if it’s just me and my annoying, demanding, anxious habits, or if they really don’t give a damn. I don’t know if it’s my putting pressure in everything I do, or they just don’t care if we suck so badly we’re siphoning underground. Should I change my ways? Should I adjust to their easy breezy attitudes towards school works? Should I not care and just do my own thing? Will it be fair to all of us? Don’t they want good grades? If you’d ask me, I don’t want good grades, I want excellent grades. I’m not the kind of person who settles for something mediocre and okay’s and barely-there’s; I want to produce something that’d give me high, if not the best, marks. Hello, I’m maintaining grades here. I CAN’T UNDERSTAND. Maybe it’s me, maybe it’s them. Whoever’s to blame, I just freakin’ hope that we won’t flunk this.

Three: I know but can’t teach. This is the same as, “I know a lot of stories but can’t story-tell.” It’s kind of frustrating in a weird way. Once in our Statistics class, someone asked for help in a frequency distribution topic. I know the equations and how to evaluate, but couldn’t show him. I just kept on pointing and talking and explaining, and I saw it in his face that I wasn’t making sense. Even I didn’t understand what I was saying. I just made his Statistics life harder. In the end I resorted to checking his answers every time he arrived at one and compared it to mine. I’d point what’s wrong and what’s right, but I never really helped him. It’s sad; I can never be a playgroup teacher. I gave him spoiled fish and never taught him how to catch fresh ones.

Four: I’m missing a lot on movies. I originally planned on seeing Life of Pi and Les Miserables this January, but those plans were left unexecuted. I’m so lame and boring. My excuse is either “I’m so busy I don’t even have time to shave and/or pick my nose” or “I’m so broke I’m leaking – look, the whole place is fucking flooded”. But I swear I’m gonna see Warm Bodies this February. It will kill me if I didn’t.

Five: Pessimism is eating me. Since working on this project, I’ve been expecting a lot of bad things. I don’t have confidence, and the word “trust” is missing its first letter in my dictionary. And “luck” is becoming swear words (both the S and the F) in my everyday life. Thank God for friends (and The Vampire Diaries) who somehow makes me forget my non-mediocre, hardcore shit. Oh, I want a hug from Lord Voldemort.


What I need: a legit video editor, a big gallon of ice cream, a working team, Speak, a camcorder, We Need to Talk about Kevin, a visit to Fullybooked and a whole no-school week. Ah, suck it, we can’t have everything (what a fucking gloomy Gus I am!).

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409