A Nutcase 2.0
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 @ 11:25 AM | 0 comment(s)

You know you got it bad when you find yourself doing a Nutcase, instead of a Nutshell, again. (Read my first Nutcase here.)

The first month of summer wasn’t so nice to me: I was stuck at our ancestral home without any decent internet connection (or a computer, for that matter); I’ve missed a month’s worth of The Vampire Diaries, The Carrie Diaries and American Idol; I missed my church; I wasn’t enthusiastic about seeing my grade school friends; the weather had been such a pain that it almost drove me insane; my being a lame no-lifer had dived into its worst; Great Crush was giving me a heartache; and, just like every summer – or always – I was practically broke I’m leaking.

I was plugged out from the rest of the world. My life was a daily routine. It took me everything to continue holding on to the handlebars of sanity. The things that I used to enjoy did very little to erase the little budding depression inside me.

But I’m glad I’m still alive. Others have it worse.

Anyway, this is my Nutcase; it’s not a lot (I only had two posts this month!), but it’s what I’ve got.


APRIL ARCHIVES

American Idol Season 12. An annual thing that it has already become a tradition, this is a post dedicated to the said show: what I think about it so far, my favorite contestants (plus a collection of their profile shots), and Nicki Minaj (I just had to have a say about her).

Photo Blog: 040213 Eight Hours. Probably the best thing that has ever happened to my April, Eight Hours is about the April 2nd I spent with my dear friends, Zandro and Kathleen. This was also a memorable day since it was the first time we tasted – tada! – butterbeer! We were not the best butterbeer makers, but with a little practice we can make it to Hogsmeade (I’d gladly be a slave!).


HALLELUIAH CATHARTIC

“Hate me. Devastate me. Annihilate me. Re-create me. Re-create me. Won’t you, won’t you, won’t you re-create me.” © “Animate” (Shooting Star) [from] Where She Went by Gayle Forman


LOONY DRAGONSLAYER

My reading was one of the things that kept me sane. I tried something new also: I finished a legitimate classic! Confetti!

April reads:



Current read: Unwind (Neal Shusterman) and Enemy Women (Paulette Jiles)


EARGASM



FAVORITE PHOTO/GIF


I love this shot because it’s refreshing (don’t mind my fugly feet, though). This was taken at my Aunt’s backyard full of plants and smelly pigs. Caption: “Today I don’t feel like doing anything. Tooorooo-root, toooroo-root.” (I don’t know what a whistle sounds like – and how to spell it.)


This is my Nutcase. I may be a nutcase myself, but at least I can still write. Ha!

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409