Awkward Turtle 2.0
Saturday, June 15, 2013 @ 4:41 PM | 0 comment(s)

Great Crush,

Hi.

I miss you a lot. I miss you so much it’s crazy. I miss you so much it’s miserable.

I still can’t get over you. This feels like a first love I’m trying to move on from but can’t. What have you done to me? We’re not even flirting yet, but I feel like I’m going to have a giddy fit and cry at the same time. I see you everywhere – like in a creepy movie. Before I go to sleep, I think of you; when I wake up, I still think of you. I think of you when I go to school, when I eat, when I read, when I write. I’m thinking of you right now.

I see you even in guys. Don’t worry, I’ve been looking at others and appreciating their beauty and all. But in the end, by some pull of a pathetic phenomenon, I remember you and compare. I compare your beauty to them, even your brain. I could have liked them; I could have opened myself and sent “Hey, I’m Available and Can Flirt” signals to them, but you’re the one I like. You’re the one I want to see and talk to. You’re the one I want to flirt with, for heaven’s sake.

Songs make me cry, Great Crush, especially songs that remind me of you – which is a lot, if I may add. I listen to them and then I just fucking cry like a little girl with a broken doll. It’s pathetic in all its levels. I don’t know, maybe sometimes the lyrics don’t really describe you or anything, maybe I had imprinted in my mind that they do. It’s perspective. It has always been.

I could have changed my views and started the excruciating process of forgetting. I could have distracted myself and tried to remove the spectacular image of you in my mind, along with all those silly hearts hovering around you. I could have, and trust me, I did. I tried. I tainted you, erased you, brushed my brain clean. I was almost successful, but I didn’t make it. I was just lying to myself, running from this problem I couldn’t face. Maybe it was wrong to force myself to forget and deny all these feelings.

Maybe all I can do is accept the glory and the burden, and admit that I can’t get over all of these.

I am fucking crazy over you, Great Crush. This feeling is so big I might crumble underneath; this feeling is so intense I might break. You’re my great crush, for heaven’s sake. I am crazy over your quirks, your lame attempts at punch lines; your vanity is annoying but it’s cute. I like that you like the music I like; I like that you read and is a nerd. I like you! I once told myself that this is just an unrequited infatuation that I can’t forget because of the pain it’s causing me; that I’m holding on to this pain because that’s all I have (and that I have masochistic tendencies); that, hey, when someone new comes, the pain and memory will ebb. I thought a new guy is the answer. Heck, maybe it is the answer, but I wasn’t ready yet. And that just makes it entirely miserable: how will I be ready for a new guy when I find it hard to forget? I’m acting like a crazy ex-girlfriend. Fuck it all.

Another thing: I might be in love with you. It’s almost there. I’m not an expert in this field; I don’t know where the line lies between a crush and a love, but I’m sure I’m just tiptoeing on that line like a daredevil trying to test gravity. I’m just a step away from falling in the vast, complicated world of loving. And what’s scary is that the chances of you catching my descent aren’t promising. Before, I said I wanted to have a “long, peaceful descent”. Long, I get (heck, this is a saga already), but peaceful? Not really. I don’t think so.

I’m hurting, and I’m so pathetic. I’m sorry.

But I weirdly miss you.

I miss you a lot. I hope we meet someday soon.

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409