July: In A Nutshell
To sum, July probably is the most amazing and most hectic month so far. It’s my birthday month so hooray to me being
old; it’s also the school’s Acquaintance Party preparation month so hooray to me being
epically stressed. It’s a month of triumphs, failures, disappointments, surprises, fever, laughter and having fun. Despite all the physical and emotional aches my team and I experienced from Day One of Project: Casa Misterio, the possible success of our work will make all of it – the running around, the acnes, the restlessness, the Bitch Modes – worthy. We’re all crossing our fingers in harmony for the success ot his event like we’re doing a magic ritual.
JULY ARCHIVES
Adulthood: Day 1
The day this was posted marked the starting line of my journey to adulthood. Yes, I’m no 20 years old. For others, this would’ve freaked the hell out of them, but for me, this is a
blessing. I’m excited to finally surpass that teenage freak show that I’ve been starring into for the last seven years. I’m stoked to experience what an adult experiences when he hits that alive-for-two-decades status. It’s weird but I’m really
grateful about being old.
Toddlerhood: Day 1
In time with the birthday month is also my blog’s (this blog’s) anniversary. I started this little online journal July 14 of 2009, and after four years Diaries of Woes and Chaos turned from a normal, mediocre, ranting medium to the friend and the child I continually look after and send to school. I’m looking forward to five, ten more years with DOWAC till we achieve that famous status we both wanted to reach (not really).
Selfies
Because July is my month and I can vain out till I swallow my own gag, I wrote a blog post dedicated to *drum roll*
myself. For the past two decades I’ve learned a lot about myself that can send me to the nuthouse. With these “characteristics” I posses, I actually have the right to own the Resident Weirdo position at Dumbledore’s Army. Darn it, I
love being weird! (But really, I just want to explain myself and be the center of attention.)
HALLELUIAH CATHARTIC
Just like last month, I was so busy I couldn’t concentrate on one thing anymore, even on reading. So yes, I can’t give you another epic quote from a book or about a book (wonk wonk). But don’t fret: I still have an epic quote from you although it’s not an actual written word. I found it
in this song and realized that it’s so amazing I need everyone to know about it. Here: “And then suddenly, it hit me. That moment you realize you’re not half empty. That moment, of all moments. Like there is music in the night and we can dance the sun out of the sky. These are the nights where everything feels possible. Maybe one day we will fall short of the stories we tell. But tonight we are more than just words on a page. We are here. We are different. And we are everlasting. We are half moon kids. We are legendary.”
LOONY DRAGONSLAYER
The outcome of this section is so pathetic it makes me cry.
July reads: Nothing.
Current read (for 26342583 years):
On The Road by Jack Kerouac
EARGASM
FAVORITE PHOTO/GIF
I saw this on my Tumblr dashboard (I don’t know the exact origin of it) and reblogged it without batting an eyelash (okay, maybe after I laughed so hard I cried). It’s just so darn funny and true. I’m barely insecure and quite contented with my appearance, but
this – OMG this is so
accurate it hurts. I’m not sure if the leaner ones also feel this way, but if you ask me (not that I’m whining or something), I can relate to the ME character. Why are my friends so much thinner than me? Ugh. (So okay, maybe it’s entirely my fault since I still haven’t entered the word “gym” in my vocabulary.)
AND CONFETTI
So except for my birthday and blog anniversary, I guess I’d have to celebrate receiving my first ever paycheck courtesy of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the country’s most widely read daily broadsheet. My article got published more than a year ago but I only received its corresponding payment this month because, well, I didn’t know what I should do to get it. I assumed it was to be mailed but it wasn’t; I needed to get it from their headquarters. So I did and hooray I’m rich! (Not really.) I’m not sure when I could contribute again, but I’d try.
Let’s do this, busy August! (I’m gonna lose weight with this. Ha!)
← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409
July: In A Nutshell
To sum, July probably is the most amazing and most hectic month so far. It’s my birthday month so hooray to me being
old; it’s also the school’s Acquaintance Party preparation month so hooray to me being
epically stressed. It’s a month of triumphs, failures, disappointments, surprises, fever, laughter and having fun. Despite all the physical and emotional aches my team and I experienced from Day One of Project: Casa Misterio, the possible success of our work will make all of it – the running around, the acnes, the restlessness, the Bitch Modes – worthy. We’re all crossing our fingers in harmony for the success ot his event like we’re doing a magic ritual.
JULY ARCHIVES
Adulthood: Day 1
The day this was posted marked the starting line of my journey to adulthood. Yes, I’m no 20 years old. For others, this would’ve freaked the hell out of them, but for me, this is a
blessing. I’m excited to finally surpass that teenage freak show that I’ve been starring into for the last seven years. I’m stoked to experience what an adult experiences when he hits that alive-for-two-decades status. It’s weird but I’m really
grateful about being old.
Toddlerhood: Day 1
In time with the birthday month is also my blog’s (this blog’s) anniversary. I started this little online journal July 14 of 2009, and after four years Diaries of Woes and Chaos turned from a normal, mediocre, ranting medium to the friend and the child I continually look after and send to school. I’m looking forward to five, ten more years with DOWAC till we achieve that famous status we both wanted to reach (not really).
Selfies
Because July is my month and I can vain out till I swallow my own gag, I wrote a blog post dedicated to *drum roll*
myself. For the past two decades I’ve learned a lot about myself that can send me to the nuthouse. With these “characteristics” I posses, I actually have the right to own the Resident Weirdo position at Dumbledore’s Army. Darn it, I
love being weird! (But really, I just want to explain myself and be the center of attention.)
HALLELUIAH CATHARTIC
Just like last month, I was so busy I couldn’t concentrate on one thing anymore, even on reading. So yes, I can’t give you another epic quote from a book or about a book (wonk wonk). But don’t fret: I still have an epic quote from you although it’s not an actual written word. I found it
in this song and realized that it’s so amazing I need everyone to know about it. Here: “And then suddenly, it hit me. That moment you realize you’re not half empty. That moment, of all moments. Like there is music in the night and we can dance the sun out of the sky. These are the nights where everything feels possible. Maybe one day we will fall short of the stories we tell. But tonight we are more than just words on a page. We are here. We are different. And we are everlasting. We are half moon kids. We are legendary.”
LOONY DRAGONSLAYER
The outcome of this section is so pathetic it makes me cry.
July reads: Nothing.
Current read (for 26342583 years):
On The Road by Jack Kerouac
EARGASM
FAVORITE PHOTO/GIF
I saw this on my Tumblr dashboard (I don’t know the exact origin of it) and reblogged it without batting an eyelash (okay, maybe after I laughed so hard I cried). It’s just so darn funny and true. I’m barely insecure and quite contented with my appearance, but
this – OMG this is so
accurate it hurts. I’m not sure if the leaner ones also feel this way, but if you ask me (not that I’m whining or something), I can relate to the ME character. Why are my friends so much thinner than me? Ugh. (So okay, maybe it’s entirely my fault since I still haven’t entered the word “gym” in my vocabulary.)
AND CONFETTI
So except for my birthday and blog anniversary, I guess I’d have to celebrate receiving my first ever paycheck courtesy of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the country’s most widely read daily broadsheet. My article got published more than a year ago but I only received its corresponding payment this month because, well, I didn’t know what I should do to get it. I assumed it was to be mailed but it wasn’t; I needed to get it from their headquarters. So I did and hooray I’m rich! (Not really.) I’m not sure when I could contribute again, but I’d try.
Let’s do this, busy August! (I’m gonna lose weight with this. Ha!)
← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409
Profile
Already several months had passed, and I am missing
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry more and more each fleeting day. There are just some things in life that we can never forget – especially that something that had given us knowledge, skills, strong relationships and a second home. I am glad that everything in the magical world is now at peace, since Voldemort (yes, I can now say his name; no need to be afraid) had died. I had secretly admired Tom Marvolo Riddle (Voldemort’s birth name) though, because of his intelligence, passion and love for magic. Wasn’t he very clever to think of and conjure his seven
Horcruxes to preserve his life, or form a clan of
Death Eaters who were very loyal to him and would give up their lives just for him to succeed? Not everybody can acquire that much loyalty from people these days. I do not, however, admire him for the way he had carried out all of his plans. He had a good agenda, his means just weren’t morally right. But he still is one of the darkest wizards of all time… and let’s leave it that way.
Oh, for all those who are baffled of what I’m saying here and who the heck I am, my name is
Christine Faye Ordas, and I am an alumnus of Hogwarts. I came from the bronze-and-blue-clad house of the smart ass witch Rowena Ravenclaw and her dictum
“Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.” And yes, I know the wonderful Luna Lovegood (she’s such a darling) and Harry Potter’s first crush Cho Chang. I had just left Hogwarts last May. Right now I am trying to pursue a career in magical researches, literature and writing. It’s my dream to inscribe intellectual books, publish and sell them in
Flourish and Blotts for the future Hogwarts students’ use. I am also planning to credibly write for the
Daily Prophet, the magical world’s primary news bulletin. And of course, I will be very much honored to contribute to Mr. Xenophilius Lovegood’s
Quibbler (hence, my interest in magical researches). I have always found the Lovegoods a fascinating family, and I bet working with and for them will be very exciting. Or maybe, in Merlin’s beard’s time, I can write legends and bedtime stories like the famous – and wickedly brilliant – Beedle the Bard.
And that’s how my life goes these days. I am utterly missing my old school, my friends, the Great Hall, the bronze eagle knocker just outside the Ravenclaw common room, Professor Flitwick (the head of our house), Hogsmeade, the Quidditch matches (although I didn’t actually play for the house), the moving portraits, the castle ghosts, the pumpkins on Halloween, the giant pine trees on Christmas, Rubeus Hagrid’s (Hogwarts’ gamekeeper) tea and treacle fudge – even the crabby Argus Filch (Hogwarts’ caretaker) I miss. Maybe I can visit the school grounds sometimes and see how the magical world’s been doing since Voldemort died (I’ve been spending my months in the muggle world, you see). I’ve heard everybody’s been moving on and starting all over again; the ministry is back on work under Kingsley Shacklebolt; and Harry Potter’s scar haven’t been disturbing him since.
All is well, indeed.
And because of that, we should celebrate and drink firewhisky! Oh, I still don’t drink firewhisky; I can take butterbeer or tea or pumpkin juice – just not firewhisky, please.
Accounts
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
GOODREADS