2013: In A Nutshell
So, 2013: Everyone’s writing something about 2013 – their experiences, the things they’ve learned, the summary of the year as a whole. Everyone’s writing how their year’s been like. I really have nothing to do so I might as well write my own year review. (I guess this is the sequel to
2012: A In Nutshell.)
Seeing Colton Dixon in person (February). Yes, I did. I wasn’t able to come near him and touch his hair or smell his breath, because I didn’t want to. But the experience was worth it. Dang, he’s glorious. When he came down from the bridge (whatever), he was…
shining. What the fuck, that sounds like what Edward Cullen would look like. (
Read more.)
Hosting Acquaintance Party 2013 (August). One of the tasks as the newly-appointed president of the Liberal Arts Society is to organize and host the school’s acquaintance party for this year. It was a trying task and everything seemed like they’re trying to eat me alive, but thank goodness we were able to pull it off. The feedbacks we got from our schoolmates were so nice I almost cried. Sometimes, bitching around is worth it. (
Read more.)
Books, duh. I said at the start of the year that I’m targeting 20 reads. Guess what? I reached it. Even better: I have 37 reads this year. And 95% of them are
really good. I haven’t read voraciously this year because of my epic juggling of school works and whatnot, but I’m really glad I’ve met characters I love and love to hate, learned lessons and discovered the magic of wandering in a person’s life. So what’s my favorite book this year? Bullshit, that’s like asking what my favorite ice cream flavor is.
Movies to die for. The best movies I’ve seen this year were:
Warm Bodies,
The Host,
City of Bones,
Sea of Monsters and
Catching Fire. I wasn’t able to see every movie I wrote in my bucket list, but thankfully I was able to see some movies I’ve always wanted to see and some I never thought I’d love but did:
Ten Things I Hate About You,
One Day,
Stuck In Love,
Speak,
The Cure,
Pitch Perfect and
Fight Club. One things that changed in me this year was my taste in movies. Before I only go for the fun-to-the-eyes kind and judge it according to the sales it had acquired. Now I don’t give a fuck about sales; I care about production aesthetics and the story line. Independent, Sundance entries, Oscar-worthy films are my thing now.
Albums my ears die for. Besides being a bookworm and a movie buff, the genre of music I listen to has definitely reached a mile long. I’ve discovered Passion Pit, Vampire Weekend, Fun, Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, Andrew Belle, Capital Cities, etc. My love for Parachute and The Summer Set has reached its peak and will continue to develop until this fangirl feels eat me whole.
Candy Fair 2013. Last 2012, Diana Agulto and I had missed Candy Fair. But the odds were in our favor and our stars had perfectly aligned because we had experienced the sweetest, hottest, fangirl-worthy fair of the year! We had so much fun with the booths, freebies, good looking boys and really, really beautiful girls (they’re so beautiful I wasn’t sure if I was lesbian or just jealous). And the best thing ever: I finally met Ms. Marla Miniano, the current editor-in-chief of
Candy Magazine! We’ve been exchanging tweets and gushing about random things prior to Candy Fair, and so it was a dream come true for me to meet her. (Gosh, I’m such a fangirl.)
Internship at Knowledge Channel. One of the many things I’m really thankful for this year is my internship spot at Knowledge Channel. I love my experiences as an intern so far – it’s one of my means to patching things up with a lost friend named Social Life (although this internship also causes me to lose contact with blogging).
Being in love. I can imagine your face right now: wide eyes and mouth open like a fish. I can ever hear the gears working in your brain. Just to be clear: I’m still single, and will stay that way until, I don’t know, until I get a decent life (when I turn 22, probably). Being in love doesn’t mean I need to have a
boyfriend to kiss and cuddle with. I just like someone long and strong enough for me to admit to myself that I’m already in love. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my Great Crush is now my Great Love. Congratulations, I’m officially in love with someone I haven’t met in almost two years. And he doesn’t know anything about it – which is really fine by me. We’d probably never be together in the near future, we’d probably stay as plain as friends until we die, but that’s okay. He’ll always be the Great Love I’ll never forget.
Have an awesome 2014 ahead! (The word “awesome” is so awesome.)
← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409
2013: In A Nutshell
So, 2013: Everyone’s writing something about 2013 – their experiences, the things they’ve learned, the summary of the year as a whole. Everyone’s writing how their year’s been like. I really have nothing to do so I might as well write my own year review. (I guess this is the sequel to
2012: A In Nutshell.)
Seeing Colton Dixon in person (February). Yes, I did. I wasn’t able to come near him and touch his hair or smell his breath, because I didn’t want to. But the experience was worth it. Dang, he’s glorious. When he came down from the bridge (whatever), he was…
shining. What the fuck, that sounds like what Edward Cullen would look like. (
Read more.)
Hosting Acquaintance Party 2013 (August). One of the tasks as the newly-appointed president of the Liberal Arts Society is to organize and host the school’s acquaintance party for this year. It was a trying task and everything seemed like they’re trying to eat me alive, but thank goodness we were able to pull it off. The feedbacks we got from our schoolmates were so nice I almost cried. Sometimes, bitching around is worth it. (
Read more.)
Books, duh. I said at the start of the year that I’m targeting 20 reads. Guess what? I reached it. Even better: I have 37 reads this year. And 95% of them are
really good. I haven’t read voraciously this year because of my epic juggling of school works and whatnot, but I’m really glad I’ve met characters I love and love to hate, learned lessons and discovered the magic of wandering in a person’s life. So what’s my favorite book this year? Bullshit, that’s like asking what my favorite ice cream flavor is.
Movies to die for. The best movies I’ve seen this year were:
Warm Bodies,
The Host,
City of Bones,
Sea of Monsters and
Catching Fire. I wasn’t able to see every movie I wrote in my bucket list, but thankfully I was able to see some movies I’ve always wanted to see and some I never thought I’d love but did:
Ten Things I Hate About You,
One Day,
Stuck In Love,
Speak,
The Cure,
Pitch Perfect and
Fight Club. One things that changed in me this year was my taste in movies. Before I only go for the fun-to-the-eyes kind and judge it according to the sales it had acquired. Now I don’t give a fuck about sales; I care about production aesthetics and the story line. Independent, Sundance entries, Oscar-worthy films are my thing now.
Albums my ears die for. Besides being a bookworm and a movie buff, the genre of music I listen to has definitely reached a mile long. I’ve discovered Passion Pit, Vampire Weekend, Fun, Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, Andrew Belle, Capital Cities, etc. My love for Parachute and The Summer Set has reached its peak and will continue to develop until this fangirl feels eat me whole.
Candy Fair 2013. Last 2012, Diana Agulto and I had missed Candy Fair. But the odds were in our favor and our stars had perfectly aligned because we had experienced the sweetest, hottest, fangirl-worthy fair of the year! We had so much fun with the booths, freebies, good looking boys and really, really beautiful girls (they’re so beautiful I wasn’t sure if I was lesbian or just jealous). And the best thing ever: I finally met Ms. Marla Miniano, the current editor-in-chief of
Candy Magazine! We’ve been exchanging tweets and gushing about random things prior to Candy Fair, and so it was a dream come true for me to meet her. (Gosh, I’m such a fangirl.)
Internship at Knowledge Channel. One of the many things I’m really thankful for this year is my internship spot at Knowledge Channel. I love my experiences as an intern so far – it’s one of my means to patching things up with a lost friend named Social Life (although this internship also causes me to lose contact with blogging).
Being in love. I can imagine your face right now: wide eyes and mouth open like a fish. I can ever hear the gears working in your brain. Just to be clear: I’m still single, and will stay that way until, I don’t know, until I get a decent life (when I turn 22, probably). Being in love doesn’t mean I need to have a
boyfriend to kiss and cuddle with. I just like someone long and strong enough for me to admit to myself that I’m already in love. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my Great Crush is now my Great Love. Congratulations, I’m officially in love with someone I haven’t met in almost two years. And he doesn’t know anything about it – which is really fine by me. We’d probably never be together in the near future, we’d probably stay as plain as friends until we die, but that’s okay. He’ll always be the Great Love I’ll never forget.
Have an awesome 2014 ahead! (The word “awesome” is so awesome.)
← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409
Profile
Already several months had passed, and I am missing
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry more and more each fleeting day. There are just some things in life that we can never forget – especially that something that had given us knowledge, skills, strong relationships and a second home. I am glad that everything in the magical world is now at peace, since Voldemort (yes, I can now say his name; no need to be afraid) had died. I had secretly admired Tom Marvolo Riddle (Voldemort’s birth name) though, because of his intelligence, passion and love for magic. Wasn’t he very clever to think of and conjure his seven
Horcruxes to preserve his life, or form a clan of
Death Eaters who were very loyal to him and would give up their lives just for him to succeed? Not everybody can acquire that much loyalty from people these days. I do not, however, admire him for the way he had carried out all of his plans. He had a good agenda, his means just weren’t morally right. But he still is one of the darkest wizards of all time… and let’s leave it that way.
Oh, for all those who are baffled of what I’m saying here and who the heck I am, my name is
Christine Faye Ordas, and I am an alumnus of Hogwarts. I came from the bronze-and-blue-clad house of the smart ass witch Rowena Ravenclaw and her dictum
“Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.” And yes, I know the wonderful Luna Lovegood (she’s such a darling) and Harry Potter’s first crush Cho Chang. I had just left Hogwarts last May. Right now I am trying to pursue a career in magical researches, literature and writing. It’s my dream to inscribe intellectual books, publish and sell them in
Flourish and Blotts for the future Hogwarts students’ use. I am also planning to credibly write for the
Daily Prophet, the magical world’s primary news bulletin. And of course, I will be very much honored to contribute to Mr. Xenophilius Lovegood’s
Quibbler (hence, my interest in magical researches). I have always found the Lovegoods a fascinating family, and I bet working with and for them will be very exciting. Or maybe, in Merlin’s beard’s time, I can write legends and bedtime stories like the famous – and wickedly brilliant – Beedle the Bard.
And that’s how my life goes these days. I am utterly missing my old school, my friends, the Great Hall, the bronze eagle knocker just outside the Ravenclaw common room, Professor Flitwick (the head of our house), Hogsmeade, the Quidditch matches (although I didn’t actually play for the house), the moving portraits, the castle ghosts, the pumpkins on Halloween, the giant pine trees on Christmas, Rubeus Hagrid’s (Hogwarts’ gamekeeper) tea and treacle fudge – even the crabby Argus Filch (Hogwarts’ caretaker) I miss. Maybe I can visit the school grounds sometimes and see how the magical world’s been doing since Voldemort died (I’ve been spending my months in the muggle world, you see). I’ve heard everybody’s been moving on and starting all over again; the ministry is back on work under Kingsley Shacklebolt; and Harry Potter’s scar haven’t been disturbing him since.
All is well, indeed.
And because of that, we should celebrate and drink firewhisky! Oh, I still don’t drink firewhisky; I can take butterbeer or tea or pumpkin juice – just not firewhisky, please.
Accounts
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
GOODREADS