Thanksgiving
Today isn’t actually Thanksgiving, but really, does giving thanks and being grateful have to have a holiday? I believe every day
should be Thanksgiving Day.
God, Jesus Christ, Mother Mary, all holy beings, my family, the stars in the universe, the people who matter, my favorite authors: thank you.
Thank you for yesterday, for today and for tomorrow. Thank you for giving me every second to live and lessen the suckiness of my world. It is truly
hard to live and exist, but I’m grateful that those People Up There think that I’m still worth something and deserve to wake up another day.
Thank you for the happiness. I’ve always been apprehensive when it comes to welcoming happiness – I’m scared of being too happy, because too much glee in one day means awful consequences the next. When I laughed too hard today, that might mean I would cry too hard tomorrow. I guess that’s why I haven’t felt and lived life in its fullest – because I’m too secured, surrounded by too many walls, taking one step forward and two steps back. It’s like I’m dancing to the wrong rhythm. But still, thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for making me happy even though I take as little doses of it as possible.
And then thank you for the sadness. I must be awfully weird for being grateful about the heartaches and miseries, but you know what they say, trials only make people stronger. Thank you for testing me through trials and obstacles, and proving me that facing problems isn’t the end of the world. Thank you for making me smarter and resilient.
Thank you for my family. I know I’m not the best daughter/sister/family member out there – I barely show my appreciation for them, and I’m the resident awkward-member-slash-black-sheep during family dinners, but I’m
really grateful to have them, trust me. Even though our family isn’t perfect, I’m lucky that they are always there to support me, my dreams, my ravings and cravings, my fangirling sessions and my I’m-sexy-and-I-know-it fantasies. It’s nice to know that I can love and also feel loved in return. I love you guys, please remember that.
Thank you for giving me friends that stay. I know I haven’t been too friendly lately, and haven’t reached the right number of friends required for my age, but I really don’t care. I find it ridiculous to have too many friends when I’m sure only a few of them will understand me. I need understanding people in my life, considering my infinitely developing weirdness. I’d rather have a small group of friends that I can be my crazy self with, than a big group that makes me feel awkward and out-of-place. I love you friends.
Thank you for the little things that give me happiness; the authors I wish were my friends; the musicians and their epic music that make me feel young; the books and characters that give me all unnecessary feels; and the people who inspire me to work hard and continue chasing my dreams. Thank you for giving me chances to wander and wonder – these are the moments that open my eyes wider to the beauty of life and the endless possibilities that are waiting for me behind those walls.
Thank you for this little infatuation/budding love I’m feeling for this particularly awesome guy. It sucks that it’s not reciprocated yet, and it sucks more that I’m
not sure if I want it to be reciprocated or not. It sucks that I miss him every day and I’m not sure if he genuinely misses me, too. But despite all that uncalled-for heartaches, I’m grateful that I met him and we’re friends. I’m thankful knowing that this heart of mine still beats for someone and that it’s not too pessimistic to not feel again. I’m happy to know that I can still feel.
Thank you for the opportunities, both the ones that I grabbed and the ones that I missed. Thank you for giving me second chances to correct my mistakes. Thank you for the experiences I have that made me who I am today, be it fabulous or disappointing. Thank you for the recognitions, the hard-work-that-paid-off, the bitch-modes-that-became-fruitful and the moments that made me feel awesome. Thank you for the extremes and its in-betweens. Thank you for making me experience what “epic” is all about.
Thank you for the hope and the strength to carry on, to stand up and move forward.
Thank you for all every breathing second of my every waking day.
← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409
Thanksgiving
Today isn’t actually Thanksgiving, but really, does giving thanks and being grateful have to have a holiday? I believe every day
should be Thanksgiving Day.
God, Jesus Christ, Mother Mary, all holy beings, my family, the stars in the universe, the people who matter, my favorite authors: thank you.
Thank you for yesterday, for today and for tomorrow. Thank you for giving me every second to live and lessen the suckiness of my world. It is truly
hard to live and exist, but I’m grateful that those People Up There think that I’m still worth something and deserve to wake up another day.
Thank you for the happiness. I’ve always been apprehensive when it comes to welcoming happiness – I’m scared of being too happy, because too much glee in one day means awful consequences the next. When I laughed too hard today, that might mean I would cry too hard tomorrow. I guess that’s why I haven’t felt and lived life in its fullest – because I’m too secured, surrounded by too many walls, taking one step forward and two steps back. It’s like I’m dancing to the wrong rhythm. But still, thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for making me happy even though I take as little doses of it as possible.
And then thank you for the sadness. I must be awfully weird for being grateful about the heartaches and miseries, but you know what they say, trials only make people stronger. Thank you for testing me through trials and obstacles, and proving me that facing problems isn’t the end of the world. Thank you for making me smarter and resilient.
Thank you for my family. I know I’m not the best daughter/sister/family member out there – I barely show my appreciation for them, and I’m the resident awkward-member-slash-black-sheep during family dinners, but I’m
really grateful to have them, trust me. Even though our family isn’t perfect, I’m lucky that they are always there to support me, my dreams, my ravings and cravings, my fangirling sessions and my I’m-sexy-and-I-know-it fantasies. It’s nice to know that I can love and also feel loved in return. I love you guys, please remember that.
Thank you for giving me friends that stay. I know I haven’t been too friendly lately, and haven’t reached the right number of friends required for my age, but I really don’t care. I find it ridiculous to have too many friends when I’m sure only a few of them will understand me. I need understanding people in my life, considering my infinitely developing weirdness. I’d rather have a small group of friends that I can be my crazy self with, than a big group that makes me feel awkward and out-of-place. I love you friends.
Thank you for the little things that give me happiness; the authors I wish were my friends; the musicians and their epic music that make me feel young; the books and characters that give me all unnecessary feels; and the people who inspire me to work hard and continue chasing my dreams. Thank you for giving me chances to wander and wonder – these are the moments that open my eyes wider to the beauty of life and the endless possibilities that are waiting for me behind those walls.
Thank you for this little infatuation/budding love I’m feeling for this particularly awesome guy. It sucks that it’s not reciprocated yet, and it sucks more that I’m
not sure if I want it to be reciprocated or not. It sucks that I miss him every day and I’m not sure if he genuinely misses me, too. But despite all that uncalled-for heartaches, I’m grateful that I met him and we’re friends. I’m thankful knowing that this heart of mine still beats for someone and that it’s not too pessimistic to not feel again. I’m happy to know that I can still feel.
Thank you for the opportunities, both the ones that I grabbed and the ones that I missed. Thank you for giving me second chances to correct my mistakes. Thank you for the experiences I have that made me who I am today, be it fabulous or disappointing. Thank you for the recognitions, the hard-work-that-paid-off, the bitch-modes-that-became-fruitful and the moments that made me feel awesome. Thank you for the extremes and its in-betweens. Thank you for making me experience what “epic” is all about.
Thank you for the hope and the strength to carry on, to stand up and move forward.
Thank you for all every breathing second of my every waking day.
← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409
Profile
Already several months had passed, and I am missing
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry more and more each fleeting day. There are just some things in life that we can never forget – especially that something that had given us knowledge, skills, strong relationships and a second home. I am glad that everything in the magical world is now at peace, since Voldemort (yes, I can now say his name; no need to be afraid) had died. I had secretly admired Tom Marvolo Riddle (Voldemort’s birth name) though, because of his intelligence, passion and love for magic. Wasn’t he very clever to think of and conjure his seven
Horcruxes to preserve his life, or form a clan of
Death Eaters who were very loyal to him and would give up their lives just for him to succeed? Not everybody can acquire that much loyalty from people these days. I do not, however, admire him for the way he had carried out all of his plans. He had a good agenda, his means just weren’t morally right. But he still is one of the darkest wizards of all time… and let’s leave it that way.
Oh, for all those who are baffled of what I’m saying here and who the heck I am, my name is
Christine Faye Ordas, and I am an alumnus of Hogwarts. I came from the bronze-and-blue-clad house of the smart ass witch Rowena Ravenclaw and her dictum
“Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.” And yes, I know the wonderful Luna Lovegood (she’s such a darling) and Harry Potter’s first crush Cho Chang. I had just left Hogwarts last May. Right now I am trying to pursue a career in magical researches, literature and writing. It’s my dream to inscribe intellectual books, publish and sell them in
Flourish and Blotts for the future Hogwarts students’ use. I am also planning to credibly write for the
Daily Prophet, the magical world’s primary news bulletin. And of course, I will be very much honored to contribute to Mr. Xenophilius Lovegood’s
Quibbler (hence, my interest in magical researches). I have always found the Lovegoods a fascinating family, and I bet working with and for them will be very exciting. Or maybe, in Merlin’s beard’s time, I can write legends and bedtime stories like the famous – and wickedly brilliant – Beedle the Bard.
And that’s how my life goes these days. I am utterly missing my old school, my friends, the Great Hall, the bronze eagle knocker just outside the Ravenclaw common room, Professor Flitwick (the head of our house), Hogsmeade, the Quidditch matches (although I didn’t actually play for the house), the moving portraits, the castle ghosts, the pumpkins on Halloween, the giant pine trees on Christmas, Rubeus Hagrid’s (Hogwarts’ gamekeeper) tea and treacle fudge – even the crabby Argus Filch (Hogwarts’ caretaker) I miss. Maybe I can visit the school grounds sometimes and see how the magical world’s been doing since Voldemort died (I’ve been spending my months in the muggle world, you see). I’ve heard everybody’s been moving on and starting all over again; the ministry is back on work under Kingsley Shacklebolt; and Harry Potter’s scar haven’t been disturbing him since.
All is well, indeed.
And because of that, we should celebrate and drink firewhisky! Oh, I still don’t drink firewhisky; I can take butterbeer or tea or pumpkin juice – just not firewhisky, please.
Accounts
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
GOODREADS