Socialite
Tuesday, September 02, 2014 @ 11:54 AM | 0 comment(s)

26 August 2014, Tuesday


My best friend and I had a short date this afternoon before I headed to the media ministry meeting. We ate breads with fruits and nuts and glaze like we were super fabulous people. We talked about his stressful life when he had a job and his depressing life now that he’s unemployed; my complicated feelings for Great Love and my so-called “heartache”; Flowers In The Attic and the ridiculous life of the Dresden dolls.

In the public transportation, we talked about the most uncomfortable thing people can talk about around strangers: pornography. I realized that we must have sounded like sex maniacs and juveniles. We came to the pornography subject when Zandro said that if I went into making films and not succeed in that area, I would be so broke that I’d resort to directing porns for the adventurous couples. And I said, “at least there’s money in porn.” I further added that making sexy films is actually hard because directors need to show something that is classy but still erotic. Yes, we used those words, and we were the only ones talking that time. We really threw in that awkward cloud.


28 August 2014, Thursday


This night I saw Echosmith perform live at the Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill. They were awesome! Some artists sound awful live, but Echosmith did and does not. Plus, the Sierota siblings have really nice genes. They are all attractive, and Sydney is just a bottle of cuteness and beauty. I want to have her hair and underarms. Yes, I just said underarms.


29 August 2014, Friday


Tonight was one of the best nights of my life. Hold on to your seats: I saw my favorite band and baes in the world, The Summer Set! In their fucking glorious flesh! I went online when I got home from my hosting gig (meh) for a school program, and would you look at that: there’s a fan party with the bands of Bazooka Rocks Festival 3! My brain basically went nuts and I rushed to the venue eventhough I wasn’t sure how to get there. I sat in the bus with nerves all over me, and when I got to my stop, my legs went jelly. I was so excited I almost cried.

I came late, though (even TSS was late). Meet and greet stubs were only available to the first fifty persons, and I basically was, like, 148th. That was sad. But I just needed to see the band. And damn dog, I did! And very, very up close! (I also saw We Are The In Crowd and Echosmith again.)

Points:



This experience was awesome. I already accepted my fate of not being able to go to BRF3, and as consolation for my broken heart, I only wished to see my favorite band in person. And it happened. I am so happy. But I am not giving up on the hope that I would see The Summer Set perform live again (I first saw them in 2012 but I didn’t even know who they were, so I wasn’t that engaged and interested.)


30 August 2014, Saturday


As a pre-birthday celebration, I met Diane today. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other, and nothing much has changed except she’s now unemployed and I’m still a student. I hope she gets hired anytime soon and be able to wear the clothes we bought to office. I missed my parabatai, and I really hope we’d meet again and attend this year’s Candy Fair because we both need some partying and beautiful faces in our lives.


PS: This entry’s title isn’t even appropriate.

← older / top / newer →
a woeful & chaotic diary since 071409